Searching for a perfect wedding make up? You've went through all the magazines, surfed the entire web including the eternal inspiration – Pinterest and you've thought: well, maybe, I could do this on my own. A common mistake made again and again by brides. Fear and nervousness of the thought that someone else might do their make up, and fear of what the end result might look like, leads to the point where brides take the matter in their own hands and it results with picking out the wrong foundation color or texture, which often just slips down the face because of their brevity. But, that's not the only problem, badly applied blush or too much eye shadow... list of the common mistakes is pretty extensive. What every bride wants is light but beautiful make up that will cover all the flaws, but in the same time put the emphasis on the bride's natural beauty. So why take the chance then? Let yourself in the hands of talented make up artists who will do that for you. So, who to pick? We are here to help bringing you a list of the best make up artists in the UK, that you can't go wrong with. Check out our breathtaking collection of wedding dresses for a stunning walk down the aisle!
1. PHOEBE CARAMITSOS
Talented and creative make up artist, also the owner of Flossy & Leigh studio, has worked on numerous projects; from magazine photoshoots, BBC TV dramas, TV commercials, to many celebrities. Knowledge and creativity are Phoebe's main attributes and if you pick her out to do your make up, you will certainly get the best service, as she will turn your every wish and idea into reality. Based: North West *available to travel further
2. EVE ASHBYLooking for beautiful and trendy make up? Eve is your lady! Eve worked for 10 years on a variety of projects including catwalk shows, programmes for the BBC and Chanel 4, magazine covers and many more. Sounds great, right? Based: Exeter
3. SALLY ORCHARD
If your choice is natural and fresh look, then you should choose Sally and her experienced team. As a multi-award winning makeup artist, Sally also teaches makeup in her studio in Falmouth, and her work can be seen in numerous magazines, and online blogs.
There isn’t a greater feeling than seeing your bride near to tears when she looks at her bridal makeup for the first time. -- Sally OrchardFacebook: Sally Orchard Makeup Twitter: Sally Orchard Based: Cornwall and Devon
4. AMANDA BELLFor natural yet defined and elegant look, Amanda is perfect for you. Her clients testimonials proofs that. Amazing talent, very friendly, caring and genuinely interested in you, she will make you feel fabulous for your big day. 2003 awarded the Lancôme Make-Up Artist of the Year, and trained in Paris by Gucci Westman, Hollywood`s go to makeup artist, and by Ross Burton, Oprah Winfrey's personal makeup artist, we are certain you`ll be in good hands. Based: North East *available to travel further
5. KATIE DALE
Award winning freelance wedding hair and make up artist with over ten years salon experience, training with L`Oreal and Guy Kremer, she is fully qualified to do your bridal make up. Based: North West *available to travel further
6. ROCHELLE O`BRIENVintage-style, glamour, classic English rose or dramatic look like heavy smokey eyes, she can do it all. Award winning makeup artist and a Mac Pro and Bobbi Brown Pro member Rochelle is always up to date with the lastest bridal makeup trends and looks. She is also experienced in Indian and traditional Asian bridal makeup. Based: Nottingham and Leicester *available to travel further
7. MELISSA ABEL
With over 10 years of experience, working all over the world creating amazing makeup styles, Melissa will ensure exactly the look you would like to capture for your wedding photographs. She is using leading beauty brandy such as Chanel, MAC, Lancome, Illamasqua. Based: Norwich *available to travel further
8. AMANDA WHITEEvery bride wants to feel confident, relaxed and of course beautiful, right? This is why Amanda is on our list. She listens what her client wants and brings out the best of the bride, creating a timeless look that complements a bride`s personality.
My makeup style is very much about enhancing your natural beauty rather than masking it. - Amanda.Based: London and the surrounding counties *available to travel further
9. HELEN LEE
MAC Pro member, and fully qualified make up artist with 17 years experience, Helen will make every bride to feel like a star. Products that she use are MAC, Bobbi Brown, Illamasqua and Estee Lauder. If you are looking for a flawless but natural longlasting finish she also offers Temptu Pro HD airbrush makeup. Based: Kent
10. JENNI HUGHES
If you want someone you can trust to do a great job, and who uses only the best products, Jenni is right for you. She works for magazines, newspapers, global brands and celebrity clients. Winner of the Wedding Industry Awards, Best Wedding Make up Artist, East Midlands 2014, and also UK No 1 Conde Nast BRIDES Magazine Top 20 Makeup artist and Expert panel member. Do we need more to convince you? Based: Nottinghamshire *available to travel further
11. GEMMA SUTTONWhether it is a Boho, Glamorous or Natural style, Gemma and her team will create the perfect look for you. Celebrities like X-factor Chloe-Jasmine Whichello, Louise Redknapp, Sophie Anderton choose Gemma for their makeup artist, so why wouldn`t you? On your wedding day you want to look like you step out of the cover of a wedding magazine, and that is what Gemma can do. Unique and glamorous look for every bride. Based: Farnborough - Hampshire/Surrey
12. TERESA JOLLY
Looking for a completely new look to enhance your natural beauty? Teresa Jolly will help you find it. Her work is featured in Vogue UK and Vogue Italia with British Milliner, Carrie Jenkinson. So, you shouldn`t worry about her abilities. Teresa ensures that all of her clients have a trial run-through before their big day, using professional products that will last all day. Based: Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Natural or dramatic? Decide what makeup style you want. Find inspiration in magazines or Pinterest.
- You should always meet your make up artist for a trial, in that way you will know how you will look on your wedding day, without any stress.
- Find out what products are being used by the artist, you deserve the best!
- Is your makeup artist available go to your house? This is the question you should ask first.
Take a look at our beautiful collection of white flower girl dresses.